Cook Medical’s Bakri Balloon Introduction
Postpartum hemorrhage (PPH) is one of the main causes of maternal death worldwide. Therefore, all birthing centers must be equipped with the necessary equipment to deal with this complication. Early detection of bleeding and controling it is very important in preventing maternal death. When uterotonics do not have a good and suitable contraction to control bleeding, Cook Medical Bakri Balloon is a simple and minimally invasive method to control uterine atony in postpartum bleeding. Consider adopting such a method before invasive methods! Research has shown that the use of a Bakri balloon has reduced the rate of hysterectomy in young mothers by more than 80%. Even in cases where surgery is necessary, it is used as a means of temporarily reducing bleeding.
Bekri Balloon Cook Medical (Cook Medical) produced in the United States, is a silicone intrauterine balloon with a length of 54 cm and a volume of 500 cc and is used to control and reduce bleeding. Bakri’s mechanism is such that the pressure of the balloon on the endometrial cavity or the increase of hydrostatic pressure near the uterine artery stops bleeding or reduces it.
Make sure to check out Cook Medical’s other products.
Cook Medical’s Bakri Balloon Specifications
- Usage: To prevent bleeding after childbirth (caesarean/natural)
- Special shape, suitable volume makes it more effective than similar products
- The silicone material of this balloon prevents it from sticking to the inner layer of the uterus.
- The exact amount of simultaneous blood loss can be measured by the large drainage port.
- In certain cases, it may be used as a means of reducing bleeding along with uterine compression (B-Lynch).
- It can be put on or taken off easily and quickly..
- Product volume: 500 cc
- Approved by IR Ministry Of Health, FDA